Home of the Marmots!
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Friday Early Release Schedule
Elementary: 8:00 AM to 11:30 PM
Middle School: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
High School: 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- New – July 8th parent letter update regarding fall A, B, or C schedules
- New – 2020-2021 School Schedule Proposals and Online Survey
- New – EHS Proposed Calendar 2020-2021 A B Learn More Here!
- Mr. Chavez’s Key Communicator Bulletin
- All Excelsior students wanting to access Clever from Spokane can call Spokane SD IT at 354-7636.
- All K-12 private and public & private schools across the state of Washington are closed for the rest of the year. However, we have delivered laptops and work packets so that students can continue using our online curriculum.
April 8th, Letter regarding on-site school closure for the remainder of the year.
March 13th, Letter regarding school closure, from Executive Director Aaron Chavez
Coronavirus symptoms, Aaron Chavez, Executive Director of Education
COVID 19 – Plan
Excelsior Holistic School’s Staff are delivering meals every Monday and laptops to parents as well as providing tele-counseling to our Excelsior students. The Spokane School District is also providing grab-and-go meals starting on Thursday, March 19, SPS – a breakfast and a lunch together – for any child aged 0-18, or currently enrolled in high school under the age of 21, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at 16 locations throughout the district: Arlington, Balboa, Finch, Garfield, Hutton, Lidgerwood, Lincoln Heights, Longfellow, Moran Prairie, Mullan Road, Ridgeview, Roosevelt, Shaw MS, Rogers HS, Shadle Park HS, and Ferris HS. Visit the site that is most convenient for you. Meals will be offered Monday through Friday. Our goal is to expand the number of sites next week.
We are excited to share we have started a school podcast that features our students discussing things they are learning in class, current events and other topics they want to discuss. You can find our podcast by searching “Excelsior Holistic Schools” on your favorite podcast viewer (iTunes, Spotify, etc.) or by clicking here. Be sure to subscribe and share.
Parents/ Guardians: Ask your student what their 3 goals are! #MY3G
- Big Daily/Weekly Goals – What are the big things they want to accomplish today or this week?
- Growth Goal – What is the learning goal they have? e.g. improve their score by 20%? e.g. Learn more about Art
- Vision Goal – What do they see themselves doing in 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?
We assess our students’ growth frequently in all three of our schools and I’m excited to share our students are already showing some amazing growth in reading, math, and other subjects. At the beginning of the school year, we used the Star assessment to find each of our students’ baseline scores in core subject areas. We then monitor students’ monthly for growth and for areas they may need additional help and support. These increases are directly related to our team’s hard work, the small class size and individualized learning each of our students receives at Excelsior. Students also have access to our Future Song music room, Cosmetology, Life Skills, Art, Culinary Arts, Vocational and other awesome elective classes every week!